[PLUG] (RESOLVED) Leftover package from Fc14 > Fc16 upgrade

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 04:14:55 UTC 2011

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:28:53 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:43:40 -0800
>Dan Young <danielmyoung at gmail.com> dijo:

>>Can you try:
>>yum install yum-utils
>>package-cleanup --problems
>
>Hmm. There may be more problems than I thought:
> <snipped>
>I think I'll work on Scribus and OOo/LibreOffice first.

OK, everything fixed. Originally neither Yumex nor yum from the command
line would update qtparted, nor did either list it as installed. But
just now from the command line yum was happy to uninstall it.

I also successfully reinstalled Scribus and switched to LibreOffice
from OpenOffice.org. In reference to the latter, it was trivial; just
make a copy of your ~/.openoffice config folder (which may have
different names depending on version and platform) and name it
~/.libreoffice. And the remaining problems were resolved by
uninstalling the offending apps, since I saw no need for them.