[PLUG] Mint 9

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 19:59:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:34:53 -0800
Matt McKenzie <lnxknight at gmail.com> dijo:

>On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Marvin Kosmal <mkosmal at gmail.com>
>wrote:

>> I have Mint 9... The 32 bit gnome version..
>> I boot it and I get a command line..

>Not sure if this was brought up already- is there a particular reason
>you are using an old version of Mint?
>They are on 11 now, and 12 is on the way soon.

I made the CD for Marvin at the Clinic on Sunday. Marvin
specifically wanted Mint 9 because it is long term support.

I don't know what the Mint 9 CD is supposed to look like. It is
possible that the CD is bad. I burned it with K3b and it passed the
hash test. The download was just a few days ago. I've never installed
Mint, so I don't know much about the installer but, being Mint, I would
be surprised if the installer isn't a GUI. I suspect something is
wrong, but I don't know what.