[PLUG] Another "slow" issue -- Thunderbird sending e-mail

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 16:34:01 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 07:52 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
>
>> Googling I see a lot of references to replacing Network Manager with Wicd.
>> Would that be a better way to go?
>     Depends. The ubuntus appear to come with Network Manager which, IIRC, is
> accessed from a terminal as 'nm-applet'.

Well, it is already running, but I still don't see a way to actually do
anything with it:

rsteff at moonguide:~$ nm-applet
An instance of nm-applet is already running.

** (nm-applet:14610): WARNING **: <WARN>  constructor(): Couldn't
initialize the D-Bus manager.

> I have wicd on my laptop running
> Slackware and my friend's laptop running Xubuntu. Dependable and works fine
> for us.

Perhaps I should give it a try.

Thanks.

--