[PLUG] Tiny "desktop" computers

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Nov 24 23:31:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 06:45:00AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Jetway HBJC231C98-525-B Intel Atom D525 (Dual-Core 1.80GHz, 1MB L2)

Thanks, Rich!   That does indeed look like a good alternative
to the ASUS. I replaced the RAM and the hard drives in the
stock ASUS eeebox anyway (voiding the warranty), so not only
is the Jetway less expensive, it looks like a better value
for the Compleate Haquere.

I hope you will someday share excellent stories of durability,
as well as the bizarre uses you find for the remote control.
The Jetway website suggests these are intended as settop TV
boxes; I'm glad at least one is diverted to a higher purpose.

Keith