[PLUG] Thankyou Re: Hardware question from "fly-over country"

Richard Owlett rowlett at pcnetinc.com
Wed Nov 30 12:52:26 UTC 2011

Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'm in RURAL SW Missouri. A local used/surplus computer
> store is offering a Dell Latitude D620 (4GB memory, 80GB
> hard drive, Intel Core Duo @ 2.4 GHz) for ~$500. It
> reportedly has the majority of manufacturer's warranty.
>
> Any comments on how suitable a Linux platform this would be?
>
> TIA

Thanks to various answers received I did enough research to
find the store was not telling me everything. Browsing
newegg.com indicates I should be able to get a NEW name
brand similar unit for the same or lower price. Someone
mentioned linux-laptop.net, it should give me an idea if any
choice I make is reasonable.

Thank you.