[PLUG] Android Tablets, Kindle Fire?

Jason Barnett jason.barnett71 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 05:32:06 UTC 2011

Whatever you decide on, please, please, please make sure it keeps the data
encrypted and a strong password used!
I love to see technology help to make companies and services more efficient,
but the implementation often overlooks security.  A cheap tablet, hacked to
do what you need will likely not be secure.  Even if you get one with
Android AND with the data encrypted, it will likely be painfully slow due to
the encryption unless it has a dedicated chip to encrypt/decrypt the data on
the fly.  I have yet to see such a tablet, not saying they don't exist, but
I haven't seen one.

Remember, whatever conveniences the technology provides, must not be at the
expense of the patent's privacy.

Jason