[PLUG] Future PLUG presentation - pick the topic.

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Thu Oct 6 15:57:31 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Every time I've run into Michael Dexter I've told him I've been meaning
to put together another talk for PLUG. I think it's finally time for me
to get the ball rolling on this.

I'm open to giving a talk on one of a few different subjects, and
thought I'd leave it to the group to pick which one. So vote with
replies to this thread and I'll put something together - I would just
like more than a month to prepare (so I could do this in December or later).

Potential Topics:

* An overview of Autotools/Autoconf
* An overview and comparison of RPM vs. DEB packaging formats

* I could also do a talk on the Yocto Project, a build system and
framework for developing embedded Linux images. I gave a talk a while
back about OpenEmbedded, which is now a part of Yocto. I have plenty of
things I can talk about with Yocto (it's my day job at Intel) that the
presentation wouldn't be a re-hash of my OE talk.

I'll leave it to the organizers to decide whether these should be
general meeting presentations vs. advanced topics. The autotools one in
particular might be hard to not be an advanced topics meeting. ;)

I'll keep the choices simple with these three options. Feel free to vote
away!

Scott