[PLUG] Future PLUG presentation - pick the topic.

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Oct 6 22:14:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 08:57:31AM -0700, Scott Garman wrote:
> Every time I've run into Michael Dexter I've told him I've been meaning
> to put together another talk for PLUG. I think it's finally time for me
> to get the ball rolling on this.

You are a hero!  I would be proud to buy you tasty beverages in appreciation.

> Potential Topics:
> * An overview of Autotools/Autoconf
> * An overview and comparison of RPM vs. DEB packaging formats
> * I could also do a talk on the Yocto Project...

OE/Yocto would be amazingly good.  But Autotools would be excellent, too.

I've built and maintained packages and archives for RPM and DEB, the
differences never seemed that significant to me.  I would love to be wrong.
It's a shame that DebDelta never got traction on Ubuntu, though...