[PLUG] This list

Bruce Kilpatrick kd7vvk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:19:57 UTC 2011

All,

I would like to take a moment and thank the majority of you that have
helped me learn Linux.  I am no sys admin, just a guy that runs Ubuntu,
Kubuntu, and Fedora on his laptops.  I am now, thanks to the patience of
many of you, able to take care of the small problems that arise on these
machines by consulting Mr. Google, without bothering you.

That said, I would like to add my two cents to the latest (on going)
discussion...

I came to this list to get help with Linux issues.  I have learned, over
the years, that many of the discussions here are beyond my
understanding, mostly because I don't run servers, mail lists, etc.  I
have set my email client to thread discussions and am competent at
deleting the threads that are not germane.  Often, I read some of them
with the idea that someday I may find the information useful.

This list, as far as I can tell, has some of the best and brightest
"Open Source" minds that the country has to offer...We all have
different opinions, ideas, & world views.  This list is not an
appropriate place for what is happening.  I don't pretend to have any
ownership here (other than the desire to learn Linux).  I don't consider
it my place to say what is right or wrong here.

My question is, is there some way to end the public argument here and
take it to some other more appropriate (private?) venue?

I, too, am ready to unsubscribe.

Bruce