[PLUG] SD cards always mount read-only

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 05:16:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:17:22 -0700
"Patrick J. Timlick" <p.j.timlick at ieee.org> dijo:

>sudo fdisk -l
>Shows formatted disks, even those unmounted, including sdcards, in my
>experience.  No SD cards on my system, but here is example output:

The fdisk -l command sees the hard disk, but not the SD card.

The fdisk man page says:

-l	List the partition tables for the specified devices and then
	exit.  If no devices are  given, those mentioned
	in /proc/partitions (if that exists) are used.

Every utility I have used indicates that the SD card has no partitions.

I find it very strange that my phone has no problem with it; it's just
my Thinkpad that can't write to it.