[PLUG] Chrome new tab page

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 02:05:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 6:37 PM, wes <plug at the-wes.com> wrote:

> is there a "hide" link or a little X button or something similar on the ad
> somewhere? that should make it go away.
>
> -wes
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Denis Heidtmann
> <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Anybody know if it is possible to change the page presented when clicking
> > on
> > the new tab button (the + next to the right-most tab)?  It has suddenly
> > changed to an ad for Chrome Web store.
> >
> > -Denis

Well, no X, but your suggestion sent me looking.  I see a "<" indicating
another page.  After clicking on that, a page with 8 images of previous
common pages visited.  So the new ad was another page icon added by the
folks at Google.  Now the page with the 8 icons shows rather than the ad.
 This is slightly more convenient.

Thanks for the idea.

-Denis