[PLUG] Program fails to start

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:53:54 UTC 2011

# from Richard C. Steffens
# on Monday 17 October 2011 10:41:

>gst.ElementNotFoundError: scaletempo
>rsteff at acer-laptop:~$
>
>I tried Googling gst.ElementNotFoundError: scaletempo but got only one
>hit that didn't make much sense to me. Are the other lines, the ones
>above gst.E.ementNotFoundError, telling me that something is wrong? Or
>are they just showing me something is happening?

I think 'gst' is gstreamer and it sounds like ElementNotFoundError is an
attempt to access a hash key or attribute which doesn't exist.  That
sounds like you've got some API version incompatibility between
gstreamer and transcribe.  Possibly check whether your various
gstreamer packages (including the python library) got upgraded.

--Eric
--
software:  a hypothetical exercise which happens to compile.