[PLUG] Group Meeting Sites?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 19 22:17:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Russell Senior wrote:

> It seems like just the group for PSU.  You don't list food/alcohol as
> requirements, and I'd guess that you wouldn't have a hard time finding a
> faculty sponsor at PSU.  I originally learned about R (actually S-plus,
> although he knew about R and that's all I used) from a guy teaching a
> graduate level environmental statistics class there.

Russell,

   Parking around PSU is a serious hassle.

   We have met at a couple of restaurants, but the facilities are not the
best because of poor acoustics. One member is on the stat faculty of Reed,
but I think FreeGeek would be ideal for a quiet, useful meeting room.
Libations can be had at the Lucky Lab for those so inclined ... or, at
least, consumed without becoming inclined.

Thanks,