[PLUG] Group Meeting Sites?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 21 16:17:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> It's not that great even at night. But it's 5-6 blocks from the red and
> blue Max lines, and 7-8 blocks from the yellow and green lines, plus it's
> right on the trolley line. And the trolley will take you within a few
> blocks of the Lucky Lab NW, if that's of interest.

John,

   For those of us coming from the wild lands outside Portland (e.g., Forest
Grove, Troutdale), that's not very helpful. For example, the eastern end of
the MAX line is a bit more than 3 miles from my house.

> (OT)
> I have no interest in R at the moment, but I know it is sometimes
> used by linguistics researchers, so someday my interest may increase. I
> need to take a statistics course first, though. I had just a mini intro
> to statistics as part of an undergraduate class many years ago, and
> about all it covered was the basics of probability.

   In your copious spare time :-) read "Introductory Statistics with R" by
Peter Dalgaard. You'll learn both stats and R.