[PLUG] Resolved - sort of: USB and Wine

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Oct 22 18:11:16 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 05:00 PM, Aaron Burt wrote:

> If you had a Linux program that would play sound files, and let you control
> it with the footpedal, would you still need Express Scribe?

As mentioned in the thread on a program that wouldn't start I got around
the problem by getting the program Transcribe to work (it was missing a
gstreamer package). The footpedal program also installed without a
hitch. I remembered to add the footpedal.rules file and it worked the
first time I tried to use it.

Thanks to all for all the ideas that helped me through this. Much
appreciated.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens