[PLUG] Screen Resolution

Rick rdoyle16+plug at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:03:57 UTC 2011

Another option...

Many (most?) monitors will tell you what resolution they are currently
displaying... it can usually be found somewhere in the menus/settings -
often prominently displayed on the main menu. It often will tell you what
the "default/preferred/optimal" resolution for the monitor is as well (for
best results, you should use that resolution - especially on LDC's).

Anyway... depending on your monitor, YMMV - but I always like the monitor as
a resolution info source because it is not  _directly_  connected to what
your operating system reports for the resolution (of course, it SHOULD be
the same, although I've run across a situation or two in the past where the
two sources disagreed... although I don't remember what the cause was, or
how I reconciled it... and it may have been a Windows thing).

-Rick