[PLUG] nVidia driver install - no signal

John Meissen john at meissen.org
Mon Oct 24 17:51:03 UTC 2011

> It appears that the built-in video is bypassed when the nVidia card is
> installed in the PCIe slot.
>
> Any thoughts on what to do next? I could remove the nVidia card and get
> the built-in video back, but then what?

The install probably runs the nvidia config utility, which recreates the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file. It should have saved the original, if there was
one. So check that first.

If there was one before, you check the differences. If there wasn't, you
can safely rename the new one to get it out of the way. The current X server
will run pretty well without any xorg.conf file.

john-