[PLUG] Very Slow Downloads

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:29:16 UTC 2011

If I may jump in, another data point.
One of the reasons for the disparity in download speeds between direct
connection to cable modem, and through the router, could be due to the
router not supporting DOCSIS 3.0 standard, which your cable modem very
likely does support now (or very likely must support, to attain those speeds
and maintain communication upstream)

I would say try with one of your other routers, but my suspicion is you
would get similar results, unless the other routers are newer and support
DOCSIS 3.0.  If not, it may be time for a shopping trip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docsis

HTH, My $0.02 etc

Matt M.
LinuxKnight