[PLUG] Brother HL-2240D ppd file?

Terry Griffin griffint at pobox.com
Thu Oct 27 01:32:07 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 26 October 2011 4:26:05 pm Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wrote:
> Much of the Linux Foundation web site is not operational, the database,
> drivers... Does anyone have a ppd file for Brother HL-2240D?
> Wayne

Did you check brother.com support site? Just last week I found Linux drivers
there for a different model. They had an *extensive* collection of drivers in
both RPM and DEB packages.

The only complicating factor is they don't have native Cups drivers. Instead
they have LPR drivers and Cups wrappers. It worked fine for me though, right
out of the box.

Terry