[PLUG] [OT] Problems in the ReactOS community

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Sep 7 23:44:20 UTC 2011

> Take it over there. As a Linux user I don't care. However it is
> *their* project and appealing for people to hack their servers is
> objectionable.
>
> <big snip>
>
> Please do not post about it here. You know the rules. PLUG is for Linux.
>
> Robert

I NEVER advocated for anyone to hack their servers.  I would like to see
them taken down for a while by the proper legal authorities though.  I
can't complain on their forums, I am being threatened with imprisonment
if I ever get on the ReactOS forums or ReactOS IRC chat again.  I don't
know German law, so I don't know how realistic the threats are.

This is not completely off topic because Linux is essentially OSS
software and thus could, but hasn't fortunately, succumb to the same
kinds of issues.  Fortunately in the Linux world, there are hundreds of
distributions and even more user groups.

This is OT, but it is also germane because this is a functional open
source software community where the ReactOS community is not.  I'm only
advocating for someone to download the source and form a new group to
develop it further that is completely detached from the original.  Just
because one person is disinterested doesn't mean that everyone is.