[PLUG] PDF Security (WAS Asterisk, Fax, Faxmodem)

Bill Ensley bill at bearprinting.com
Tue Sep 13 19:39:06 UTC 2011

Russell,

No, you are not being paranoid, but we do have to accept that PDFs are
not going anywhere (and you can encrypt if you desire)

As a printshop with a full PDF workflow, we open hundreds of files daily
and see this constantly.

Worse though, are the Excel mailing lists send to us for addressing.

These usually come from a Title company or mortgage company and have an
intense amount of
private information including loan amounts, income, etc.

The true solution would be to make the sender responsible for securing
information sent, not the
receiver who has little control.

My $0.02.

-Bill Ensley