[PLUG] Color LaserJet 2550L, Part II

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 14 23:34:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Kirk Goins wrote:

> Telnet to the IP, ID admin and just press Enter to the pwd prompt.  Using
> Help or ? you should be able to figure out hoe to set the Jet Direct to a
> static IP of your choice.

   No user name or password required. I changed the IP address to
192.168.55.194; telnet and '/' confirms that. I can ping that address. But,
CUPS still sees the printer at 192.168.55.101, despite my stopping and
restarting the CUPS server.

   The JetDirect communicates with the printer, and I can telnet to the
JetDirect and ping it. What do I need to do now so CUPS gets with the
program and allows me to print to that printer?