[PLUG] An Observation on Color LJ 2550L Behavior

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 15 17:19:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Galen Seitz wrote:

> Does lpr work from the command line?

Galen,

   Yep. But not with the color laserjet, only the LJ5

> What command is xpdf using?

   lpr -P <printer_name>

   The default is laser5_duplex but I change that to colorp

> Do you perhaps need to specify the print queue?

   I do, when it's not the default.

> For example, when I want to print duplex, I change the xpdf command from
> "lpr", which uses the default queue, to "lpr -Pduplex", which uses a
> different queue named duplex.

   I have the LJ5 defined as two different queues in CUPS: laser5_duplex and
laser5_single. There's also cups_pdf (which I've not used since I don't know
what it does different from other definitions), and colorp.