[PLUG] Portland Swift Linux

Jason Hsu jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com
Sat Sep 17 19:49:21 UTC 2011

Swift Linux offers not only Diet Swift Linux (no OpenOffice) and Regular Swift Linux (Diet Swift Linux + OpenOffice) but also special editions consisting of special wallpaper and a sound clip that plays at startup (the song "You Belong With Me" in Taylor Swift Linux, loons calling in Minnesota Swift Linux, and the song "Lake Shore Drive" in Chicago Swift Linux).

Yes, the special editions of Swift Linux are inspired by Hannah Montana Linux.

Because Portland has one of the heaviest concentrations of Linux users, is home to the Linux Foundation, and is the birthplace of FreeGeek, I'm adding Portland Swift Linux to the lineup.  I want Swift Linux to go viral.  This would attract developers who can help me further improve Swift Linux, and that would allow it to spread to even more users.

Are there any particular landmarks that should be showcased in the wallpaper?  (For Minnesota Swift Linux, I use the Duluth lift bridge and the Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture.  For Chicago Swift Linux, I use the Chicago skyline and Buckingham Fountain.)

Are there songs about Portland I could use for the startup sound clip?  Are there any particular sounds that are uniquely Portland?

Some slogans for the desktop wallpaper would also help.  (The Minnesota edition has "You're gonna make it after all!" in tribute to Mary Tyler Moore.  The Chicago edition has "Chicago is the city that works.  Chicago Swift Linux is the OS that works."  The Taylor Swift edition has "You belong with Linux.")

--
Jason Hsu
Founder and lead developer of Swift Linux http://www.swiftlinux.org