[PLUG] Portland Swift Linux

Patrick "Finn" Robins 13.finn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 19:59:54 UTC 2011

> Are there any particular landmarks that should be showcased in the
> wallpaper?  (For Minnesota Swift Linux, I use the Duluth lift bridge and the
> Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture.  For Chicago Swift Linux, I use the
> Chicago skyline and Buckingham Fountain.)

Mt Hood( look at the Portland Group main page <http://www.pgroup.com/> )
Hawthorne bridge, etc.

> Are there songs about Portland I could use for the startup sound clip?  Are
> there any particular sounds that are uniquely Portland?

The Decembrists, Dinosaur Jr, Floater, et
al.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Oregon>

> Some slogans for the desktop wallpaper would also help.  (The Minnesota
> edition has "You're gonna make it after all!" in tribute to Mary Tyler
> Moore.  The Chicago edition has "Chicago is the city that works.  Chicago
> Swift Linux is the OS that works."  The Taylor Swift edition has "You belong
> with Linux.")

PDX has had "Keep Portland Weird" bumper stickers for decades.

> --
Patrick "Finn" Robins

and those who matter don't mind.

  - Dr. Seuss