[PLUG] Resolved: Dual Boot Troubles

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 20:53:34 UTC 2011

The problem with getting XP installed and then Ubuntu was with the image
I made back in 2006 of the original XP installation. My laptop's DVD
drive -- the one on which it was burned -- would not read it. However
another drive was able to read it and write out a DVD that was readable
on the laptop. XP is now running with a minimal number of programs my
wife and I need. The rest of the drive is devoted to Ubuntu 10.04. I'm
now working on installing all the stuff I want. I suspect it will take
me a few days of looking around on my desktop machine to find all the
stuff I will discover I need on the laptop, but I'm on my way.

Thanks for all the advice.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens