[PLUG] config error message interpretation help, please

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:25:42 UTC 2011

Dick,

If you still run into these issues feel free to hop on Forums or IRC.

Ubuntu Oregon has a large community of users who can help you
http://www.ubuntu-oregon.org

-bkerensa
Ubuntu Oregon Team Lead

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net>wrote:

> I've got Ubuntu 10.04 running on my laptop. Now I'm trying to add things
> that I have on my desktop to the laptop. One of those is the Buoh Comics
> Reader. I downloaded the source and am attempting to compile the
> program. I start with ./configure and it does a bunch of checking. When
> it's done it tells me I'm missing some packages:
>
> No package 'glib-2.0' found
> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
> No package 'libsoup-2.4' found
> No package 'gconf-2.0' found
>
> So, I fire up Synaptic and look for them.
>
> When I type 'glib-2.0' into Synaptic's Quick search I get four entries,
> one of which is installed. It's not clear whether the other three are
> what Buoh is looking for. Here's Synaptic's list. (In the second column
> '(*)' is the Ubuntu logo.)
>
>  S      Package              Installed Ver  Latest Ver  Description
> [ ] (*) girl1.0-glib-2.0                    0.6.8-1     Introspection
> data for GLib, GObject, Gio and GModule
> [X] (*) libglib-perl         1:1.222-1 1:1.222-1   Perl interface to the
> GLib and GObject libraries
> [ ] ( ) libgfccore-2.0-02ca                 2.3.1-7     GTK+ Foundation
> Classes Core - shared libraries
> [ ] ( ) libgfccore-2.0-0c2a-dbg             2.3.1-7     GTK+ Foundation
> Classes Core - debug symbols
>
> I tried installing the three that weren't already installed and ran
> configure again. I got the same error message. I must be missing
> something. A clue stick would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dick Steffens

 Benjamin Kerensa
Tech Pundit & Social Media Guru <http://www.benjaminkerensa.com>
Phone: (503) 564-8608
 [image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/bkerensa> [image:
Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/bkerensa> [image:
Quora] <http://www.quora.com/bkerensa> [image:
LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/bkerensa> [image:
The Shared Web] <http://www.thesharedweb.com/bkerensa>
<http://tungle.me/bkerensa>

*This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the named addressee of this message please destroy it without
reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.*