[PLUG] I really do need help with Asterisk...

Fernando Freire freire14 at up.edu
Wed Sep 28 07:10:24 UTC 2011

> I think you are wrong.  I have been trying to be a part of this list for
> years where trouble has been ongoing.  The Linux community may be
> welcoming somewhere else, but not here in Portland.

I hardly deem it necessary to post to this list, it's often far more
interesting to read what my
elders have to say and deal with; the few times I *have* posted I
haven't been treated with
any disrespect or hostility. It is merely a testament to your own
hostility and berating tone that
seem to earn you the ire of this list.

>I want to be a part
> of the Linux list in my community, but this community is very unchurched
> and way too liberal.  This invariably comes up one way or another over
> and over and over.  The liberals causing the problem, like Keith, are
> never criticized for their behavior and frankly they are never called on
> it.  Nobody ever says, "hey Keith, you are blatantly intolerant of the
> opposite viewpoint on an issue you shouldn't have brought up in the
> first place."  Keith and others have not just done this once, this
> happens over and over and over.  It is high time, it is past time for
> David Mandel or someone to take corrective action.

I admire your dogmatic adherence to your moral ethics and beliefs,
it's something that many
of us (myself included) lack today. What I cannot stand, however, is
your incessant need to fling
these beliefs in the face of contributors to the list, *regardless* of
whatever transgression you
may think they have committed. Simply because other members of the
list have broken the rules
does not justify your, often violent and uncalled for, reactions; if
you are truly a man of God then it
should be a simple matter of staying "above the influence". There's no
reason to poison this
discussion with inane ramblings about God, censorship, reactOS, or any
other babble that doesn't
pertain to a technical question. I think several other members have
attempted to make this point before.

I'd hate to perpetuate this discussion any further, but I want to be
perfectly clear with you here, Michael:
simply because I or other members of this list do not respond
immediately to your emails does not mean
we are in any way censoring your messages. I do, however, find your
questions to be arcane, esoteric, and
generally above my level of competence.

Above all else I am here to learn from the minds of greater Linux
practitioners than I, and I couldn't care less
what personal beliefs they hold. If you ever hope to get *any* sort of
help from this list, I suggest you start
 doing the same.

:FF: