[PLUG] The problem with scapegoats...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Sep 28 08:13:31 UTC 2011

Keith was wrong to do what he did on multiple levels where saying that
all beliefs are equal has a name, it's called pluralism.  Pluralism is
nonsense because it makes believing anything too controversial if the
opposite of that is just as relevant.  If you want to live in a world
where nobody can believe anything because they might offend someone
else, be my guest.  I won't be joining you.

I merely tried to argue against what Keith said with facts and requested
that there be more respect and less censorship.  Clearly, this is too
much to expect from some people on this list.

This list isn't about religion, but does that mean it should be filled
with religious/political commentary that is controversial and by and
large unbalanced?  Keith has done this before and will do this again, as
will others who are trying to use me as a scapegoat for their lack of
professionalism, balance, and courtesy.

Oh, and for those who have commented, consider looking at my arguments
and doing some homework.  I'm sure you'll find that there isn't much
evidence to back up the notion that God is female.  More important than
winning that argument, there is no argument for what Keith did let alone
for letting one person, but not me, get away with it.

What I have done is call Keith on his off topic religious statement to
provide some semblance of balance.  If you can't respect or understand
what I've tried to do here, that is really your problem.

And a thought, if the church is the bride of Christ, than the church is
female and God is male.  From that imagery, mankind is essentially a
woman and only God is a man.  Just another line of argument one might
follow.  There are many lines of argument for God being masculine.

When it comes to religion, there can be and are absolutes where the
alternative, called Pluralism, is really quite absurd.  Belief becomes
worthless if all opposite beliefs are deemed equally valid.  There is a
logic problem.  Pluralism is not a way to honor diversity, it is a
fallacy, a major cop out.  Disagree with me on God's gender, that is
minor compared to disagreeing with me on the problems that exist with
pluralism and preferential treatment.  The preferential censorship has
to stop.  The only thing that can stop the censorship, a critical mass
of people in this community calling for a stop to it.

There should be a rule if someone inappropriately posts a religious
statement that it is fair game for someone to post the other side.