[PLUG] modifying the Ubuntu Unity (11.04) "panel"

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Fri Sep 30 17:43:38 UTC 2011

Bruce Kilpatrick wrote circa 11-09-29 07:13 PM:
> I don't know how to put something custom up there.  I have installed
> RadioTray, a weather indicator app, and DropBox...all have set
> themselves up there without my intervention.

I tried to install a weather indicator app.  The MyWeatherIndicator one
from here:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/the-omg-guide-to-must-have-indicator-applets/
 But there was a problem with the apt repository
(ppa:lorenzo-carbonell/atareao).  Is that the one you installed?

Benjamin Kerensa wrote circa 11-09-29 10:51 PM:
> Tomorrow I can send you some info on customizing Unity. Ultimately
> also for quicker response you might consider trying the ubuntu oregon
> mailing list, irc or forums we have about 150 people on mailing list
> who run Ubuntu here in Oregon.

Thanks!  I've joined the mailing list and the IRC channel.