[PLUG] Using QEMU-KVM to Host Another OS [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 4 16:51:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> As others have mentioned, the libvirt stuff is a great place to start.
> I've never installed Windows into KVM from an optical drive, but I have
> installed it from an ISO of the Windows DVD (produced by using dd). Here's
> a script that uses the virt-install tool:

Paul, Dwight, EJ:

   I downloaded and built aqemu, the GUI front end from slackbuilds.org.
It'll do the job.

   Someone also suggested that I could just copy the maps over from the
workstation, but they come as self-installing .exe files from
gpsfiledepot.com. So, since I bit the bullet and bought a copy of win7/home
I might as well use it.

Thanks everyone,