[PLUG] Clinic on schedule, unless John or Vagrant complains

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Thu Apr 12 06:44:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 07:07:05PM -0700, dfhubbard at freegeek.org wrote:
> Does this email (below) mean that the regularly scheduled PLUG Clinic (on
> the 3rd Sunday of the month at Free Geek from 1 to 5 pm) will have to be
> changed again?

Unless John has other reasons, intermittent internet will not
be a major hindrance, and we will be out of there before 6pm,
when PGE plays games with Mr. Sparky.  I will remind Vagrant
of our being there.  Perhaps we can help test the net and the
server while they are working, or let them know when DNS is out.

Don't plan on making any big downloads, but we can fix many
problems without a network at all.

And while they and we are there, perhaps we set up our own
clinic machine as a mirror and have them set up DNS for it;
then we could put all our distros on that, and serve them at
lightning speed at future clinics.  Setup would require one
or two skilled people focused on that, in addition to the
usual collection of semi-helpful goofballs;  any volunteers?

So, consider this a pre-announcement;  after I hear from John,
I will make my usual strange wordspew.

Keith