[PLUG] Installing Guest OS in qemu-kvm

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 19 23:14:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, MJang wrote:

> When I configure KVM (on RHEL 6) I usually set up an ISO file for the CD.
> If you have the Virtual Machine Manager set up, it's elementary to point
> to the ISO file from the Console | Details view. Otherwise, I think
> there's a virsh command that points a VM to an ISO file, don't remember
> what it is off hand.

Mike,

   Ya' know, this brings up two thoughts: 1) I can create an ISO from the
win7 cdrom and B) I know there's a GUI front end to qemu-kvm I put on that
machine but I don't recall what it's called. Digging out the name and trying
that rather than the command line might well be the solution.

   More tomorrow ...

Thanks,