[PLUG] Asterisk, Sangoma B600D

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Fri Apr 20 04:37:54 UTC 2012

Based on Bill Ensley's and other's excellent suggestions,
I ordered some Aastra 9133i phones (used on eBay, cheap)
which will be here soon.  The TFTP files look similar to
the ones I am using for the Cisco 79xx phones we are
using now.  I hope the Aastra boots faster ...

Bill also suggested Sangoma cards with echo cancellation.

It looks like the Sangoma B600D with 4 FXO (two RJ11 2-line
connectors), one RJ11 FXS, and hardware echo cancellation
would fit our needs.  There is a used one for $375 on eBay.
New ones are $526 + shipping.

Any recommendations or quibbles about the B600D?  Preferred
vendors?  I can order one tomorrow for delivery next week.

I won't have time for Linuxfest this year, so I will spend
part of next week bringing up the Aastras, and the weekend
after that (Linuxfest weekend) tweaking on the Sangoma.

Keith