[PLUG] printing pdf difficulty

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 03:57:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:48:03 -0700
Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> dijo:

>I seem to have problems printing a pdf document.  Document Viewer
>(2.30.3) offers to print, and it does print, but the size does not
>match the page--some portion of the page gets cut off.  The print view
>shows the truncated page.  This has been going on for a long time; it
>is nothing new, but I have two single-page documents which I would
>really like to have paper copies of (bike part assembly
>instructions).  A third page printed fine.  The two that are giving me
>trouble are landscape, the other is portrait.  Xpdf does not offer
>printing.
>
>I am running Ubuntu 10.04.

Install Okular. It is the later version of kpdf, and offers a lot more
functionality.

There is also Adobe Reader.

Also check the settings in CUPS. Try different drivers.

Push come to shove, print to file, open the file in Ghostscript, and
print from that. Or, once you have a print file (usually ending
in .ps), send it to the printer with lpr from the command line. There
are ton of options for lpr, explained reasonably clearly on man lpr.