[PLUG] Virus-scan software for Linux? (Richard C. Steffens)

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 20:42:48 UTC 2012

On 04/28/2012 10:37 AM, plugng3 at martinconsulting.com wrote:
> Dick,
>
>> As part of a Security Standards and Practices requirement for some
>> contract work I'm about to take on the company wants me to assure them
>> that I have virus-scan software installed. I discovered that AVG does
>> have a version that will run on Linux. We use AVG software on our
>> Windows machines and are satisfied with it. Does anyone have experience
>> with AVG on Linux?
> ClamAV is available on most distributions.  http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/
>
>                 -Brian

Thanks.

I've installed it, and finally figured out how to start clamtk from a
terminal. I've got a launcher icon, but nothing happens when I click it.
I edited the properties to put sudo in front of clamtk %f, but that
didn't help.

I can leave the launcher icon in place as a reminder to fire it up when
I need it.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens