[PLUG] [PLUG-TALK] Ubuntu desktop to stereo receiver

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Sun Apr 29 23:28:40 UTC 2012

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 16:05:48 -0700
Bill Barry <bill at billbarry.org> wrote:

> So, with this encouragement, I stuck my bluetooth dongle into the usb
> port on my desktop. KDE popped up a nice bluetooth icon in the system
> tray which allowed me to pair the headset with dongle.  But still no
> sounds in my ear when I play an mp3 file.  When I do an aplay -L to
> see which devices alsa recognizes, my headset is not there.  If being
> dumb is an advantage this would have worked long ago.  What am I
> missing? Do I have to restart alsa, reload the modules? It may just be
> muted, but my alsamixer doesn't show a bluetooth/usb device so?

This is just a guess, since I've never used a Bluetooth anything, but
are you running PulseAudio?  If so, what does the PulseAudio Volume
Control say?  PA may be muting your Bluetooth audio output.

--Dale

--
A sad spectacle.  If they be inhabited, what a scope for misery and folly.
If they be not inhabited, what a waste of space.