[PLUG] [PLUG-TALK] Ubuntu desktop to stereo receiver

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Mon Apr 30 01:31:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 16:28:40 -0700
> Dale Snell <ddsnell at frontier.com> dijo:
>

>>This is just a guess, since I've never used a Bluetooth anything, but
>>are you running PulseAudio?  If so, what does the PulseAudio Volume
>>Control say?  PA may be muting your Bluetooth audio output.
>

> I know Lucid uses PulseAudio, as there are launchers for various
> PulseAudio tools.

Dale and John, I was not running PulseAudio, so I installed it and now
I do see a volume control for my Bluetooth headset, and it comes and
goes as I turn my headset on and off and it is not muted. But I still
don't hear anything. The other audio device I have, an analog speaker
connected to the sound card, also shows up on the volume control and
it does work fine.  I will continue this investigation, but if you
have any more ideas, let me know.

Bill