[PLUG] Archive search issue

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 05:40:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Denis Heidtmann
<denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> I attempted to search the archives, but received the following message:
>
> We're sorry...
>
> ... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To
> protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
>
> See Google Help for more information.
>
> Advice?

Oh, how many times I have seen this message..... must be in the
thousands (I used to do SEO work back in the day.)

It usually results from somebody being on a network where some kind of
bot is running some kind of automatic query system, to, for example,
find google SERP rankings of different web pages for a given search,
or something similar.

It works on a timer, and is tied to IP address, so you can just wait,
or try from a different network, or through a proxy. If you know what
system on your network is slamming google with requests, and you have
some control over it, you can throttle it down, and/or encourage them
to launder through multiple source IP addresses (via proxies)....

HTH,
-Ronabop