[PLUG] Victor is perplexed over duplex

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 17:23:17 UTC 2012

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:19:59 -0700
wes <plug at the-wes.com> dijo:

>> When I tried to change the name of the two printers within the dialog
>> box , "Printing - localhost", I got another dialog box that popped up
>> and said, "CUPS server error There was an error during the CUPS
>> operation: 'client-error-bad-request'. "
>>

>As far as I know, CUPS does not allow for changing the name of a
>printer. You have to add a new one and delete the old one.

I have done so. I have half a dozen "printers" installed for my Xerox
Phaser 7400DN, each with a different PPD and/or driver. I was able to
call each one different things. The name works in the dialog box and
when I use lpr at the command line.

I am pouring concrete today and don't have time to give details. I also
have other comments re editing the PPD file, but they will have to wait
until later. Concrete waits for no man.