[PLUG] gpg question

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Sat Dec 1 18:13:22 UTC 2012

Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 11:17:04AM -0500, Fred James wrote:
>> All
>> I opened a root console on my Mageia2 KDE4 desktop and got a new message
>> I had not seen before ... to the effect that .../gpg.conf was in an
>> unsafe configuration.
> gpg.conf shoud have permissions of 600 and be owned by your UID.
> See:
>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2182938/gpg-warning-unsafe-ownership-on-configuration-file-gpg-fingerprint-on-ubun
>      or
>    https://www.google.com/search?q=.gnupg%2Fgpg.conf+permissions
Every file (directories not included) within that directory is set to 600.
Additional Information:
     There are 3 users accounts on this machine ...
         One I use all the time ... this one has the issue as stated above
         Two I use sometimes for testing ... it has a .gpg.conf
directory, but not this issue or file
         Three has not been used as yet ... it does not have a .gpg.conf
directory at all
I have read that this may have to do with email encryption?
My email client is SeaMonkey, which is only installed in account One.
Maybe that just muddies the water?
Thanks
Regards
Fred James