[PLUG] Wallpaper only after nVidia driver installation in Ubuntu 12.04

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 00:14:41 UTC 2012

On 12/01/2012 11:42 AM, King Beowulf wrote:

> Nvidia-173 and 295 are absolutely antique.

As is my old card.

As this is a machine to test things, dual head was just an experiment. I
had forgotten that the reason I bought the card I have in this machine.
lspci gives only the following information regarding just which card
that is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 10c3 (rev a2)

I do know that it has 512 MB on it, versus 64 MB on the old Quadro NVS 285.

Anyway, back to my experiments. My objective is to have 12.04 provide
all the software functionality I have with 10.04. I appreciated seeing
all the comments about getting the "old" Gnome back. I will probably use
that.

Thanks for all the advice.

--
Regards,