[PLUG] question on strange thread freeze

website reader website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 22:35:49 UTC 2012

To pthread gurus:

I am using pthreads and run 2 threads under it during the day, and
each thread does activity every 1/5 second.  This works great on my
8-core system, but occasionally I have a thread freeze (and yes, it
froze both threads) that lasts longer than 1/5 of a second.

Is there any good way to troubleshoot this freeze?  I cannot imagine
what is going on with the OS, so that the threads are suspended for
over 1/5 second, but apparently that is what is occurring (I do have
timestamping)

Do I need to set the priority of the threads to a very high priority
so that the kernal keeps them active?

- Randall