[PLUG] Can't Receive Mail

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Dec 4 05:26:59 UTC 2012

On 02-Dec-12 11:09 PM, Jim Garrison wrote:
> I just sent you an email to bthoen at visualfarms.com which my
> server log says was delivered successfully.  So it appears
> mail delivery from "outside" is working.
>
> Did you get the direct email?
>
> Can you clarify from where mail delivery is failing?

Your message arrived just as it should have. And I see you got my
response. Then I tried good old Mail from a Linux box on a different
network and successfully sent mail to my account on the new server.
Worked perfectly. THen on the same machine I tried to set up a second
account to this server using Thunderbird. No dice. I couldn't make a
connection, or when I did, I get errors

So now I think the problem is a misconfigured Thunderbird. I need to
read up on SSL/TLS or STARTTLS and various kinds of password methods,
none of which I can see in the server's config. At this point Idon't
even know what I dont know so it's hard to ask the right questions. I'm
going to study it some more, and if I don' t get it I'll be back
hopefully with a little better grip on the problem. Thanks for the help
so far!

- Bill Thoen

--
*Bill Thoen*