[PLUG] Video editing software -- recommendations?

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Fri Dec 7 19:24:29 UTC 2012

Title says it: I'm looking for video editing software, preferably
freeware.

I don't know much about video editing: I know that there is "linear
editing" software and "nonlinear editing" software.  Whatever that
means, I want software that'll let me arbitrarily splice any length
chunks of video from any compatible file into the finished job, then
independently dub in audio as I see fit.

Stills may be nice, a way to do titling would be very nice, special
effects like running slow or backward is totally unnecessary.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com