[PLUG] Video editing software -- recommendations?

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 22:40:26 UTC 2012

I would recommend kdenlive or openshot. Kdenline can pull data from
web cams and firewire.  Both are fairly simple to master.

Kino is good, but no longer maintained. More usefull for firewire
cameras, dvgrab is the CLI version.

Cinelerra is way to complex for the hobbyist/casual user.

On 12/7/12, Tim Wescott <tim at wescottdesign.com> wrote:
> Title says it: I'm looking for video editing software, preferably
> freeware.
>
> I don't know much about video editing: I know that there is "linear
> editing" software and "nonlinear editing" software.  Whatever that
> means, I want software that'll let me arbitrarily splice any length
> chunks of video from any compatible file into the finished job, then
> independently dub in audio as I see fit.
>
> Stills may be nice, a way to do titling would be very nice, special
> effects like running slow or backward is totally unnecessary.
>
> --
>
> Tim Wescott
> www.wescottdesign.com
> Control & Communications systems, circuit & software design.

Sent from my mobile device

You! What PLANET is this!
	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0