[PLUG] ntpd problems on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS questions

website reader website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 04:59:26 UTC 2012

I am looking for someone proficient in both apparmor and ntpd on Ubuntu 12.04

Apparmor is interfering with the correct operation of ntp and
needlessly restricting operations.  I am attemting to run an
ntp-client, but I have been forced to edit both the ntp.conf file, as
is a general rule, and the apparmor profile located in the
/ect/apparmor.d folder area, specifically the usr.sbin.ntpd profile.

I had to add 2 capabilities, mknod and dac_override, to permit ntpd to
do the mknod operation and to rename a destination file, since the
syslog contained complaints from apparmor about ntpd activities.

But I cannot get peerstats nor loopstats to save more than 10 days of
data without erasing the 11th day.  I need to keep these files for all
days of the year, not just the last 10. (I suspect this is an ntp
problem)

If you are proficient in setting up ntpd on a Ubuntu system, I would
like to communicate with you and compare configurations.

Thanks for considering my request.

- Randall