[PLUG] Firefox update broke tab settings

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 18 18:00:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:22:11 -0800
Dale Snell <ddsnell at frontier.com> dijo:

>> And I just discovered another problem. When I click on a mailto link
>> it now opens a second instance of Claws-Mail and two compose
>> windows.

>John, I've tried to reproduce your failure here, and I can't.  I'm
>running FF 17.0.1; normally I use Tab Mix Plus and Colorful Tabs,
>but I disabled them for this test.
>
>Left-clicking on a link opens that link in the current tab.
>Right-clicking gives me a context menu with the options to open
>the link in a new tab or a new window.  Middle-clicking opens the
>link in a new tab, but retains focus in the original tab.
>Control-left-clicking has the same result as middle-clicking.
>
>On the other hand, clicking on a "mailto:" link did indeed open a
>new instance of Claws-Mail.  (I tried it just now while composing
>this reply.)  This seems reasonable to me, but I admit that I've
>never had much call to use "mailto:" links, so I don't know what
>any previous behavior would have been.

The previous behavior of clicking on a mailto link was to open a
Claws Mail compose window, assuming Claws Mail was already running,
which it always is on my computer. If Claws Mail was not running it
would launch it and then open a compose window. Now it opens a new
instance of Claws Mail and two compose windows.

I didn't even know you could run multiple instances of Claws Mail.

I checked the Preferences > Applications tab in Firefox and it still
says to use Claws-Mail; nothing has changed there.

I tried launching Firefox in safe mode (with all plugins and add-ons
disabled), but the behavior remains the same.