[PLUG] Linus is mad at a kernel maintainer

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:57:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Denis Heidtmann
<denis.heidtmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> I repeat that I do not know the organizational relationships.  Are
> this guys paid or are they volunteers?  If they are paid, why not
> silently fire a guy if he is as incompetent as Linus makes him out to
> be?  Or is Linus exaggerating?
>
> They are not paid.  Not by Linus at least.  Most get paid to write code
for the companies that employ them, and write linux code in their spare
time.  A few actually are paid to work on linux, by companies that see
value in supporting the OS.  They're the ones with really good reputations.

It's an interesting 'organization'.  Anyone can join it and anyone can
submit patches.  You gain cred by submitting good code.

Ali