[PLUG] Using wget/curl to download all files in directory

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 5 21:18:39 UTC 2012

   I've read the man pages for wget and curl and tried various command line
syntaxa (syntaxes? syntaxim?) but none worked. Perhaps these are not the
proper tools (I installed a firefox add-on called DownThemAll but could not
find instructions how to use it.)

   What I'd like to do is specify a URL and download all files in that
directory, or a wildcard-specified set such as *.t?z.

   I'd appreciate learning how to use wget, curl, or another tool to do this.